After some holiday gift making, I had some kitchen-y fabric and Wrap and Zap batting leftover. And then, I thought I'd give some potholders a try. These are probably the absolute easiest style to make potholders. There is no bias to bind and if you're a sewing motorcar new-exist, they're pretty forgiving.

I started by making myself a pattern. I decided to start out with an viii 1/2 inch square that would allow me to seam and nevertheless have an vii.five x 7.5 inch potholder at the end.

20160111_174032 (1)

I chose ii coordinating fabrics. For ane potholder, I cut out i square of each textile.

20160111_175200

Next I cut out 2 squares of the Wrap and Zap batting. This cotton batting is made for utilize in the microwave. I've seen other people use Warm and Natural batting, but the Wrap and Zap was what the Joann'south near me had in stock.

Next, run up one foursquare of cotton batting to the incorrect side of each foursquare of fabric. I but stitched at one/4 of an inch effectually each foursquare, only you lot can get fancy and quilt. The ultimate goal is merely to get in and then that the ii layers or affixed together.

At present, pin the right sides of the fabric together and so that the batting is on the outside of the potholder. I stitched a i/2 inch seam all the manner effectually, stopping approximately ane inch before where I started to create a hole that can be used to plough the potholder right side out.

Remove your pins and pull the potholder right-side out. It'll at present wait similar a apartment pillow. I utilize a scissors or a crochet hook to push out the corners after I flip it correct-side out.

20160111_203608

Take a scrap of one of your fabrics and trifold information technology (the long style). Then fold it in half. Stitch down the centre to create a thin strip. This volition be the loop to hang the pot holder.

20160111_203944

Insert the both ends of the strip you simply fabricated into the hole you left in i side of your potholder. Fold the excess cloth inside and pin it so that when you sew together over the elevation the loop will be firmly fastened and the hole you left will be closed up completely.

Last footstep: top run up around the unabridged potholder. Double check to make sure the fabric over the hole that was in the side is at present securely closed and the loop is firmly fastened.

20160111_204529